If you have a great deal (i.e. great vs. good), let me introduce you to one of my friends that is a partner in Venture Capital, Private Equity, or other types of investors. Learn more about JD Morris: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jdmorris
DEALS THAT CLOSED:
- Advantage Sales and Marketing Acquired Action West Group
- Arthur J. Gallagher & Co Acquired CharterLakes Marine Insurance
- Belden Inc. Acquired Project Performance Corporation
- Bergmann Associates Acquired Gantt Huberman Architects
- Finn Partners Acquired M. Silver Associates Inc
- Furmanite Corporation Acquired ENGlobal Corporation
- HealthEdge Acquired Click4Care Inc
- Highlander Partners, L.P. USA Acquired Custom Window Systems, Inc.
- Liberty Interactive Corporation Acquired TripAdvisor Inc
- Navitas System USA Acquired A123 Systems
- Outbrain Inc Acquired Scribit
- PERNIX Therapeutics Acquired Somaxon Pharmaceuticals, Inc
- Rhino Linings Corporation Acquired BioBased Insulation LLC
- Sutherland Global Services Acquired Apollo Health Street Ltd
- Trio Merger Corp Acquired SAExploration
- Uni-World Capital L.P. Acquired VanDeMark Chemical, Inc.
- Watchdox Inc Acquired InstallFree, Inc
PROFILE OF ABS CAPITAL PARTNERS:
Learn more: http://www.abscapital.com
ABS INVESTMENT CRITERIA:
– Revenues greater than $20 million
– Capacity for revenue growth greater than 25%
– Where a $10 to $50 million investment allows for active partnership
THE DEAL RED HOOK CAPITAL MISSED:
ARLINGTON, VA — February 23, 2012 – Rosetta Stone Inc. (NYSE:RST), a leading provider of technology-based language-learning solutions, today announced that its Board of Directors has named Stephen M. Swad as President and Chief Executive Officer, effective immediately.
“Steve has become a key operating executive at the company and established a close working relationship with the Board and the Rosetta Stone team, with positive involvement in major initiatives and strategic decision-making since he joined Rosetta Stone in November 2010,” said Rosetta Stone Inc. Chairman of the Board, Laurence Franklin. “Steve has been instrumental in establishing the infrastructure, management and processes to position Rosetta Stone to execute on the company’s worldwide growth objectives. Steve has also been active in corporate strategy over the past year and has instituted a robust discipline and rigor surrounding the company’s decision making.”
PROFILE OF DERIC EMRY (from LinkedIN):
I assist growth companies in the media and communications industry on behalf of ABS Capital Partners. We provide “growth equity” investments of $10-40 million. ABS defines growth stage companies as those growing at a rate of 30% or greater and with trailing revenues of at least $10-20 million. I am interested in compelling companies run by experienced executives that are participating in the transformation of advertising spend and content delivery.
Read more from website: http://www.abscapital.com/our-team/#deric-emry
FROM JD MORRIS:
- ABS Capital Partners is a great private equity and I will not hold it against them for for beat me to buying Rosetta Stone due to my strategy of buying with the the management team.
- We will be hosting Investor Network Event Jan. 9th in San Diego, CA and a live Webinar. To learn more: http://spvfund.com/2012/12/08/investor-network-deals-and-investors-night/
Happy Networking and Investing,
Join me on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jdmorris