If you have a great deal (i.e. great vs. good), let me introduce you to one of my friends that is a partner in Venture Capital, Private Equity, or other types of investors. Today’s profile is TPG Capital. I had the pleasure of working with David Bonderman with their Newbridge Capital fund on a telecom deal. Learn more about JD Morris: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jdmorris
DEALS THAT CLOSED THIS MONTH:
- Advantage Sales and Marketing Acquired Action West Group
- Amgen, Inc Acquired deCODE genetics
- Arthur J. Gallagher & Co Acquired CharterLakes Marine Insurance
- Arthur J. Gallagher & Co Acquired Western Benefit Solutions
- Avnet Inc. Acquired Universal Semiconductor, Inc.
- Belden Inc. Acquired Project Performance Corporation
- Bergmann Associates Acquired Gantt Huberman Architects
- BioScrip Inc Acquired HomeChoice Partners, Inc.
- CCC Information Services Inc. Acquired Injury Sciences LLC
- Dropbox Inc Acquired Audiogalaxy Inc
- Evans Analytical GroupÂ (EAG) Acquired SEAL Laboratories
- Finn Partners Acquired M. Silver Associates Inc
- Furmanite Corporation Acquired ENGlobal Corporation
- glendonTodd Capital Acquired Aztec Systems, Inc.
- Golden Gate Capital Acquired Ex Libris
- Gores Technology Group LLC Acquired Harris Broadcast Communications
- Group 1 Automotive, Inc Acquired Rivertown Ford
- HealthEdge Acquired Click4Care Inc
- Heartland Financial USA, Inc. Acquired Heritage Bank
- Henderson Engineers, Inc. Acquired Acoustical Design Group, Inc
- Hertzbach & Company, P.A. Acquired Connor & Loubier CPAS, LLC
- Highlander Partners, L.P. USA Acquired Custom Window Systems, Inc.
- InComm Acquired Adility
- Intermec Inc. Acquired Honeywell International Inc
- Laurus Corporation Acquired Sofitel
- Liberty Interactive Corporation Acquired TripAdvisor Inc
- Navitas System USA Acquired A123 Systems
- Oracle Corporation Acquired DataRaker Inc.
- Outbrain Inc Acquired Scribit
- Patheon Inc Acquired Banner Pharmacaps Inc.
- PERNIX Therapeutics Acquired Somaxon Pharmaceuticals, Inc
- Pharmerica Corp Acquired Amerita, Inc.
- Plains All American Pipeline, L. P. Acquired Chesapeake Energy Corporation
- Praxair Inc Acquired Portagas Inc.
- Raytheon Company Acquired SafeNet, Inc
- Rhino Linings Corporation Acquired BioBased Insulation LLC
- Rosco Vision Systems Acquired Mirror Lite Company Inc
- SCBT Financial Corporation Acquired The Savannah Bancorp, Inc
- Schlumberger Limited (ADR) Acquired GeoKnowledge
- Sunpeaks Ventures, Inc. Acquired Bryce Rx Laboratories
- Sutherland Global Services Acquired Apollo Health Street Ltd
- The Clark Group Inc. Acquired Preprint Logistics Management Inc
- Trio Merger Corp Acquired SAExploration
- Uni-World Capital L.P. Acquired VanDeMark Chemical, Inc.
- VizStar, Inc Acquired Kimberly Parry Corporation
- Watchdox Inc Acquired InstallFree, Inc
- William Lyon Homes Acquired Village Homes
PROFILE OF TPG CAPITAL
ABOUT TPG CAPITAL
TPG Capital (formerly Texas Pacific Group) is one of the largest private equity investment firms globally, focused on leveraged buyout, growth capital and leveraged recapitalization investments in distressed companies and turnaround situations. TPG also manages investment funds specializing in growth capital, venture capital, public equity, and debt investments. The firm invests in a broad range of industries including consumer/retail, media and telecommunications, industrials, technology, travel/leisure and health care.
The firm was founded in 1992 by David Bonderman, James Coulter and William S. Price III. Since inception, the firm has raised more than $50 billion of investor commitments across more than 18 private equity funds.
TPG is headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas and San Francisco, California. The company has additional offices in Europe, Asia, Australia and North America.
More about TPC Capital website: http://www.tpg.com/
ABOUT DAVID BONDERMAN
Bonderman, a principal and general partner of TPG Partners, L.P., Fort Worth, Texas, was previously chief operating officer of the Robert M. Bass Group, Inc. (RMBG), which now does business as Keystone Inc. He previously served on the boards of Washington Mutual, Inc., American Savings Bank, Denbury Resources, Inc., and Burger King Holdings, Inc., resigned. Bonderman serves on the boards of Continental Airlines, Inc., Böwe Bell & Howell Co., Ducati Motorcycles S.P.A., Credicom Asia, the National Education Corp., Beringer Wine Estates, Carr Realty Co., Virgin Cinemas, Ltd., CoStar Group, Inc., GemAlto N.V., Ryanair Holdings, Inc. and Ryanair, Ltd. He has been the Chairman of Ryanair Holdings and Ryanair Limited since December 2003. He also serves on the boards of The Wilderness Society, the Grand Canyon Trust, the World Wildlife Fund, The University of Washington Foundation and the American Himalayan Foundation.
More about David Bonderman: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Bonderman
Happy Investing & Networking,