If you have a great deal (i.e. great vs. good), let me introduce you to one of my friends that is a partner in Venture Capital, Private Equity, or other types of investors. I have spent a lot of time looking at deals in Thoma Cressey Equity Partners office, so today we profile Thoma Bravo LLC with its new $1.25 billion fund. Learn more about JD Morris: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jdmorris
- Avnet Inc. Acquired Universal Semiconductor, Inc.
- BioScrip Inc Acquired HomeChoice Partners, Inc.
- Dropbox Inc Acquired Audiogalaxy Inc
- Evans Analytical GroupÂ (EAG) Acquired SEAL Laboratories
- Pharmerica Corp Acquired Amerita, Inc.
- Plains All American Pipeline, L. P. Acquired Chesapeake Energy Corporation
- Raytheon Company Acquired SafeNet, Inc
- Rosco Vision Systems Acquired Mirror Lite Company Inc
- SCBT Financial Corporation Acquired The Savannah Bancorp, Inc
- Schlumberger Limited (ADR) Acquired GeoKnowledge
PROFILE THOMA BRAVO LLC
ABOUT THOMA BRAVO
Thoma Bravo is a leading private equity investment firm building on a 30+ year history of providing equity and strategic support to experienced management teams and growing companies. The firm has continued to apply the concept of industry consolidation investing, which seeks to create value through the strategic use of acquisitions to accelerate business growth. Thoma Bravo invests across multiple industries, with a particular focus in enterprise and infrastructure software and financial and business services, and works in partnership with management to implement its operating and consolidation expertise to build long-term value. The firm currently manages a series of private equity funds representing almost $4 billion of equity commitments. In software, Thoma Bravo has completed 54 add-on acquisitions across 26 platform companies with total annual earnings of approximately $1 billion. For more information: www.thomabravo.com.
ABOUT CARL THOMA:
- American Amicable Holding, Inc. (Board Member)
- Datatel, Inc. (Board Member)
- Desgrippes Gobe Group, Inc. (Board Member)
- Excelligence Learning Corporation (Board Member)
- Global DocuGraphiX, Inc.
- LAGA, Inc. (Board Member)
- Local Media of America, Inc. (Board Member)
- Meridian Mortuary Group, Inc.
- Viecore, Inc. (Board Member)
More about Carl Thoma: http://www.thomabravo.com/team/thoma/
X MARKS SPOT (NEW 1.25 BILLION FUND X):
Thoma Bravo, LLC, a leading private equity investment firm, announced today it has completed fundraising for Thoma Bravo Fund X. The Fund closed at $1.25 billion and was substantially oversubscribed.
Thoma Bravo will invest Fund X by continuing to apply its buy and build strategy in consolidating industries with a focus on enterprise and infrastructure software and financial and business services. The firm is led by its four managing partners: Orlando Bravo, Scott Crabill, Lee Mitchell and Carl Thoma, and two partners: Holden Spaht and Seth Boro.
“We are very pleased with the success of our last three funds which, of course, was an important factor in the strong reception Fund X achieved,” said Carl Thoma. “With the new fund, we expect to continue our investment focus on consolidating industry sectors, support for existing management, immediate operational improvements, and rapid growth through accretive acquisitions–all part of our more than 30-year heritage.”
Happy Investing and Networking,
Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InvestorNetwork
Join us for our next event: http://spvfund.com/investor-network-event/