We are still a BETA blog and find people like to see that deals are getting closed!
Here are a few Private Equity deals that closed with just 20 days in the New Year!
BOTTOM LINE: Deals closing so far this year are mostly deals that did not close in 2016! We have one closing we hope next week! Let us introduce you to our Senior Executive Advisers to do deals faster! One guy can fast track you to Arlington Capital to wide range of investors!
DEAL DATA FOR 2016 (thanks PitchBook)
• Deals: Private equity firms invested $649 billion into 3,538 deals last year. That’s down 12% by value and 14% by volume from the year prior.
• Multiples: Median enterprise value hit 10.9x EBITDA for M&A transactions last year, up from 10x in 2015 and 8x in 2010. Why? Too few feasible investment opportunities, PitchBook posits.
• Debt-to-equity: The median debt percentage for private equity and M&A deals fell to 50.5% of the enterprise value, compared to 56.8% in 2015. Buyout shops are having to contribute more equity to deals.
• Exits: Buyout firms pulled $316 billion on 1,097 exits in 2016. That’s down 22% by value and 18% by volume from 2015.
DEALS THAT CLOSED
• BV Investment Partners invested in C-4 Analytics, LLC, a Saugus, Mass.-based digital marketing firm. C-4 Analytics’ founders Michael Weiss and Justin Cook will maintain a majority interest in the company.
• Consort, the French outsourcing applications and infrastructures company backed by Ardian, acquired Altea, a French software testing and certification company, and Estia, a data intelligence consultant.
• Elliott Management and Bluescape acquired a respective 5.4% and 2.5% stake in NRG Energy Inc (NYSE:NRG), according to Reuters, and plan to use their combined investment to pressure the company to make strategic changes.
• Ethypharm, a Saint Cloud, France-based pharmaceutical manufacturer backed by PAI Partners, agreed to purchase Martindale Pharma, a U.K.-based pharmaceutical company specializing in opioid addiction, emergency care, and sterile injectables. Financial terms were not disclosed.
• Modere, a Springville, Utah-based manufacturer of nutrition and wellness products backed by Z Capital, agreed to purchase Jusuru International, an Anaheim, Calif.-based maker of anti-aging products. Financial terms were not disclosed.
• Partners Group has acquired Curvature, a Santa Barbara, Calif.-based provider of equipment routers and switches, from Quad-C and merged the business with its portfolio company SMS Maintenance Services, a Charlotte, N.C.provider of managed IT asset lifecycle support services. Financial terms were not disclosed.
• Polaris Alpha, a Fredericksburg, Va.-based provider of technology services to the Department of Defense and other intelligence community customers, agreed to acquire Intelesys Corporation, an Elkridge, Maryland provider of mission-critical software and embedded engineering. Polaris Alpha is backed by Arlington Capital Partners.
• San Francisco Equity Partners acquired a majority stake in Red Monkey Foods, a Springfield, Mo.-based organic spices and seasonings company. Financial terms were not disclosed.
• Sentinel Capital Partners has hired Piper Jaffray Cos as it prepares to sell Checkers Drive-In Restaurants, a Tampa, Fla.-based burger chain operator, in a deal that could value the company at around $500 million, according to Bloomberg. Sentinel Capital Partners bought Checkers in 2014.
• Tech Air, a Danbury, Conn.-based distributor of gases and welding equipment backed by CI Capital Partners, closed its acquisition Gasco Affiliates, a provider of specialty gases. Financial terms were not disclosed.
• The Abraaj Group acquired a majority stake Casaideas, a Chile-based home design and decorations company.
Happy Investing and Networking,
Host for Investor Network & Accredited Investor Networking
Find us online here:
- My Linkedin Profile
- Facebook with 3.2K plus subscribers
- Investor Network Newsletter with 70K plus members
Sign up via the form at this URL: https://spvfund.com/investor-network/
- Accredited Investor Network with 12k plus accredited investor members
Request more information via e-mail: info@AccreditedInvestorNetworking.com
- Twitter @INbyJD has 1,504 subscribers