I am happy to see a biotech San Diego based company raise $4 million! On a more positive note, our Senior Executive Advisors are all around the country and world with wide access to capital. #seaprogram #jdmorris
DISCLAIMER: This information is provided by AP, Bloomberg, Forbes, Fortune, preqin, Reuters, TechCrunch, VentureBeat, Wall Street Journal (WSJ), and other 3rd party sources. Please check with the company website as this a beta blog.
IN PIPELINE 09-13-2018 VENTURE CAPITAL
- Prominex, Inc., a San Diego, CA-based molecular diagnostic company focused on point-of-care infectious disease testing, completed its $4m Series A-1 financing
- Avvay, a Franklin, Tenn.-based platform for content creators to find and book locations for their projects and events, raised $1m in seed funding
- Prokaryotics, Inc., a Union, N.J.-based biopharmaceutical company engaged in the discovery and development of novel anti-infective drugs, has been awarded its second Small Business Innovation Research Grant (SBIR) valued at up to $2.3m
- Bloom Credit, a NYC-based financial wellness platform for consumers and lenders to build a sound credit relationship, raised $3.87m in seed funding
- Domicile, a Seattle, WA-based developer of technology-driven business accommodation platform, raised $5m in seed funding
- Hiretual, a Mountain View, CA-based AI-driven HR technology company, raised $5M in Series A funding
- Growers Holdings, Inc., a Seattle, Washington and Raleigh, N.C.-based agtech startup, raised $5M in Series A financing
- RenalGuard Solutions, a Milford, MA-based medical device company focused on innovative technologies for the cardiac and vascular markets, completion of a $7m financing
- Seed CX, a Chicago, IL-based licensed cryptocurrency exchange that offers institutional trading and settlement for both spot market and CFTC-regulated derivatives, raised $15m in Series B funding
- HYP3R, a San Francisco, CA-based location-based marketing company, raised $17m in Series A financing
- Datrium, a Sunnyvale, CA-based provider of a server flash storage system, raised $60m in Series D funding
- Shift Technologies, a San Francisco-based platform to buy and sell used cars, raised more than $140 million in Series D equity and debt financing
- Irrimax, an Atlanta, GA-based medical device company, received an investment from Decathlon Capital Partners
- Basic Fun!, a Boca Raton, Florida-based toy and novelties company, received an equity investment from Falcon Investment Advisors, a Boston-based investment fund
- Technori, a Chicago, IL-based active startup platform, received a seven-figure investment from DV Partners, led by SMS Assist Founder and Chairman Mike Rothman
- OneOncology, a Nashville, Tenn.-based partnership of independent community oncology practices and finance and technology experts, received an investment from General Atlantic
- GTY Technology Holdings is to buy CityBase, Inc., a Chicago, IL-based provider of a tech platform for people and businesses to interact with utilities and government agencies, for $160m in cash and stock
PRESS RELEASE POMINEX INC
SAN DIEGO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Prominex, Inc., a molecular diagnostic company focused on point-of-care infectious disease testing, today announces the completion of its Series A-1 financing, raising $4 million from Casdin Capital LLC and its founding CEO. The Series A-1 financing will provide funding to advance the development of its infectious disease assays and commence an instrument development partnership with Invetech, a global leader in point-of-care instrument design and development.
Prominex’s Founder and CEO Paul Thomas commented, “Our Validex System delivers a 5-minute sample-to-answer molecular test result that will enable a broad spectrum of point-of-care testing from simple screening to more complex syndromic panel assays. We believe our Validex System holds significant promise to improve patient care and outcomes in time-critical clinical situations and to realize significant cost savings by optimized patient management and triage of patients to the most appropriate care setting.”
Prominex was founded in 2016 with a primary focus on the development of molecular diagnostic assays for point-of-care infectious disease testing. The novel molecular amplification and waveguide detection technologies incorporated into our Validex System enables the development of ultrafast, accurate, easy-to-use, highly multiplexed, and low-cost molecular diagnostic assays. For more information, visit www.Prominex.com.
You must log in to post a comment.