Happy to see several Los Angeles based companies raising money. If you are thinking of starting a company in Los Angeles, let me introduce you to one of the best entrepreneur lawyer in town (does 20-40 term sheet a year for early-stage companies).
DISCLAIMER: This information is provided by AP, Bloomberg, Forbes, Fortune, preqin, Reuters, TechCrunch, VentureBeat, Wall Street Journal (WSJ), and other 3rd party sources. Please check with the company website or venture capital firm for a press release as this is a beta blog that does not update information.
VENTURE CAPITAL 09-18-2018 IN PIPELINE
- Public Goods, a NYC-based a direct-to-consumer brand selling basic necessities, raised $3m in seed funding
- Empower, a San Francisco, CA-based financial technology company, raised $4.5m in funding
- Illumix, a Menlo Park, CA-based integrated gaming and technology company combining mixed reality with environmentally-intelligent, world-scale augmented reality (AR) games, emerged from stealth mode and raised $8.6m in seed funding
- The/Studio, a Los Angeles, CA-based on-demand, custom manufacturing platform for product development, raised $11M in Series A funding
- ioTium, a Santa Clara, Calif.-based Software-Defined Converged Infrastructure company for the IIoT, raised $13.6m in Series B financing
- Immune-Onc Therapeutics, Inc., a Palo Alto, Calif.-based cancer immunotherapy company dedicated to the discovery and development of novel biologic treatments, raised more than $33m in Series B funding
- Ooda Health, a San Francisco, CA- and Salt Lake City, UT-based company focused on removing waste and inefficiency from healthcare administration, completed a $40.5m Series A funding round
- Zumper, a San Francisco, CA-based residential rental startup, raised $46m in Series C funding
- Trumid, a NYC-based financial technology company and electronic trading platform for corporate bonds, received a US$53m growth capital investment
- Bread, a NYC-based marketing technology company that builds customizable financing solutions for brands and retailers, completed a $60m round of equity financing
- Enigma, a NYC-based Data-as-a-Service company, raised $95m in financing
- Postmates, a San Francisco, CA-based on-demand delivery company, raised $300m in funding
- Jamf, a Minneapolis-based Apple device management company, acquired NoMAD, a provider of an open source and commercial set of software products that streamline Mac authentication and account management
MORE ON THE/STUDIO
The Studio, a startup that’s setting out to help merchants and product developers manufacture their own customized goods, has raised $11 million in a series A round of funding led by Ignition Partners, with participation from FJ Labs, VTF, WTI, Firebolt Ventures, and Interplay Ventures.
Founded in 2013, The Studio — which stylizes its name as The/Studio — targets anyone from individual creatives to boutiques and enterprises looking to design and produce their own custom products. Though it could be used for a single item, which many of its customers do for prototyping purposes, that can be more expensive. According to the company, the sweet spot for production is around 100 items, at which point the price is low enough for the customer to make a meaningful profit.
More via VentureBeat: https://venturebeat.com/2018/09/19/the-studio-raises-11-million-to-grow-its-on-demand-product-manufacturing-platform/
You must log in to post a comment.