The Capitalization Report by JDM
JDM will be speaking, attending, or hanging at the bar (or spa) at the following cities:
- ACG Sky trip (Sunday to Tuesday)
- Capital Conference LA (Wed 30)
- Mastermind in Mexico (Thur until ?)
- NYC (Feb 3-4)
I will be in Atlanta, Austin, LA (Beverly Hills), Dallas (Highland Park), Key West (most of Feb), and other fun places most of February 2020!
20/20 Clear Vision in 2020,
JDM you Host for The Capitalization Report
DEALS JDM (RHC) LOVES
- Global payments technology company Mastercard (NYSE: MA) is to acquire RiskRecon, a Salt Lake City, Utah-based provider of artificial intelligence and data analytics solutions to support companies in protecting their cyber systems and infrastructure (RHC loves FinTech),
- Docket, an Indianapolis-based software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform for managing intelligent meetings, raised $1.5M in seed funding (RHC invest in the AI/SaaS).
- Denali Water Solutions, a Russellville, Ark.-based organic residuals management company, has agreed to be acquired by TPG Growth from The Firmament Group. Financial terms weren’t disclosed (RHC knows TPG).
- AvidXchange, a Charlotte, N.C.-based provider of accounts payable and payment automation solutions for the middle market, raised $260 million in funding. TPG Sixth Street Partners led the round. (RHC knows TPG and love FinTech).
- Snyk, a London-based security company, raised $150 million in funding at a valuation of more than $1 billion. Stripes led the round and they were joined by investors including Accel, Coatue, Tiger Global, BoldStart, GV, Canaan, Trend Forward, Amity and Salesforce Ventures. (RHC knows Tiger Global and Salesforce Ventures).
- Life House, a New York-based tech-enabled lifestyle hotel company, raised $30 million in Series B funding. Thayer Ventures led the round and was joined by investors including Tiger Global, JLL Spark, and Sound Ventures. (RHC know Tiger Global and invest in hotel companies).
- Intezer, a New York-based cybersecurity company, raised $15 million in Series B funding. OpenView led the round and was joined by investors including Intel Capital, Magma, Samsung NEXT, a USAA affiliate, and Alon Cohen. (TM know cybersecurity),
DEALS TCR LOVES
- Practis, a Charlotte, NC-based digital marketing and SaaS software solutions company catering to independent healthcare providers, received a private equity investment of undisclosed amount Genea, an Irvine, CA-based SaaS (software as a service) company, acquired Sequr, Inc., a cloud-based physical access control company (RHC loves SaaS),
- Punch List, a San Francisco-based mobile app that helps independent contractors and homeowners complete home remodel, raised $4 million in funding. Investors include Bling Capital, Bedrock Capital, Ludlow Ventures, Mayfield Capital, and Jack Dorsey, Steve Chen, and Eric Wu. (JDM love the name and idea),
- Front, a San Francisco-based developer of a collaborative work email platform, raised $59 million in Series C funding. Atlassian co-CEO and co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes; Atlassian President Jay Simons; Okta COO and co-founder Frederic Kerrest; Qualtrics co-founders Ryan and Jared Smith; and Zoom CEO Eric Yuan co-led the round and were joined by investors including Sequoia Capital, Initialized Capital, and Anthos Capital. (JDM loves co-CEO / co-founder),
- Kneron, a San Diego-based on-device edge artificial intelligence, raised $40 million in funding. Horizons Ventures led the round. (JDM loves San Diego),
- Memphis Meats, a San Francisco-based company that grows meat from animal cells, raised $161 million in Series B funding. SoftBank Group, Norwest and Temasek co-led the round and were joined by investors including Richard Branson, Bill Gates, Threshold Ventures, Cargill, Tyson Foods, Finistere, Future Ventures, Kimbal Musk, Fifty Years, CPT Capital, KBW Ventures and Vulcan Capital (JDM knows (1 to 3 degrees) Vulcan Capital, Softbank Group, Richard Branson, Bill Gates (all 1 to 3 degrees),
- Tink, a Sweden-based open banking platform, raised €90 million ($99.8 million) in funding. Dawn Capital, HMI Capital, and Insight Partners co-led the round and were joined by investors including Heartcore Capital, ABN AMRO Ventures and BNP Paribas’ venture arm, Opera Tech Ventures.
- Sayari Labs, a Washington D.C.-based data intelligence company, raised $9 million in Series B funding. Arsenal Growth led the round and was joined by investors including Lavrock Ventures and SAPs National Security Services (NS2) Ventures.
- Docket, an Indianapolis-based software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform for managing intelligent meetings, raised $1.5M in seed funding
- Palo Alto, California-based VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW), an enterprise software company, completed the acquisition of Pivotal Software, Inc., a cloud-native platform provider
- HyperPay, a Riyadh, Saudi Arabia-based payment processing company, closed an 8-digit funding round
- AInnovation, a Beijing, China-based AI solutions provider, closed a Series B financing round of nearly 400m yuan (approx. US$60m)
- Ruangguru, a Jakarta, Indonesia-based online education platform, raised $150m in Series C funding
- Bill.com (NYSE: BILL), a Palo Alto, CA-based provider of cloud-based software that automates back-office financial operations, debuted on the public market today ringing the opening bell on the New York Stock Exchange
- Morphio, a Toronto, Canada-based AI platform for digital marketers, closed a $1M seed funding round