- Meet JD Morris at La Costa Resort (Monday to Thursday)
- Meet JD Morris at Maybourne Beverly Hills (Friday to Sunday)
- ACG LA at Maybourne Beverly Hills on Friday
- This weeks Webinar on Exit Strategies URL: https://investornetworkbyjd.co/3x2hZgh
Although the Journal was fun, it was time-consuming.
- Follow up, Follow up, Follow up
- Networking (see below for locations)
- Raising money for Fund of Funds
Setting up one-on-one meetings (Meet JD before or after an event)
- Tuesday, March 17th near great Irish Bar in New York City (or 5th Annual Family Office Fintech Summit)
- Thursday, March 26th near The Hills Penthouse, 8560 Sunset Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90069 (can bring one accredited investor to Forbes Council event)
- Other Dates TBA
PAST CALENDAR (DONE)
Wednesday, February 26, 2020 (20.02.26)
- Breakfast with an accredited investor
- Lunch with some amazing investors (Good Carta stories)
- Meeting with Morgan Stanely Private Wealth
- Meeting at JP Morgan Chase Private Wealth (Peter you are amazing)
- Boston Private networking event (Good people)
Tuesday, February 25, 2020
- GoGhost strategy meeting
- Meeting with investment bankers to raise capital
- Lunch at Duke’s in La Jolla (fun)
- Plan for a trip to San Franciso Wednesday
Monday, February 24, 2020 (20.02.24)
- Contacted SRI friend
- Visited McLaren for alternative VR/AR strategy
- Boating in Newport Beach
This is a concept blog posting based on writing an article for a magazine or online media.
CONCEPT: It was my tumb rule that a Trader Joes need to be near my travel location in the days when I would travel to any location. Now I think the Brioni rule should apply when trying to find a hotel within a 1 or 3 or 7 or ??? mile radius. All you have to say is Brioni is in the Wynn = zero miles. More developing! As of 2015, Brioni had 46 directly-operated retail stores.
Visiting soon: Store at 459 North Rodeo DriveCA 90210 and Wynn, Suite 1, 3131 Las Vegas Boulevard South (explore the 1 or 3 or 7-mile rule)
Photo Source from Wynn, Brioni, and Wiki.
Research from Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brioni_(brand)
Brioni was established in Rome in 1945 as a men’s tailoring company by founders Nazareno Fonticoli, a tailor, and Gaetano Savini, an entrepreneur. They opened their first shop on Via Barberini 79, naming the brand after the formerly Italian Brionian Islands (now part of Croatia); the shop is still at the same address. Brioni quickly started to raise interest from high-profile movie business personalities, heads of state and business leaders.
In 1952, Brioni staged the first men’s fashion show in history, inside the Sala Bianca at Palazzo Pitti in Florence. The clothes introduced new silhouettes, bold colors and innovative fabrics, marking an important chapter for the company. A couple of years later, Brioni invented the trunk show, during which the collections were presented directly in stores, allowing customers to personalize the garments with the Su Misura service (made-to-measure).
“Sometimes it is better to be known by the powerful and you do not have to market. Others say these companies control the invisible hand. I can not see invisible so I can not say!” – J20.01.23.1930P
No Website = wiki page = Allen & Company LLC is an American privately held boutique investment bank based at 711 Fifth Avenue, New York. The firm, known for its deliberate avoidance of publicity, specializes in real estate, technology, media and entertainment
A website with just its addresses = wiki Page = Benchmark is a venture capital firm based in San Francisco that provides seed money to startups. The firm’s most successful investment was a 1997 investment of $6.7 million in eBay for 22.1% of the company. In 2011, it invested $12 million for an 11% stake in Uber, worth $7 billion in 2019.
I WANT TO KNOW (SONG NEXT TIME)
- What is your insight or idea (other companies have changed from one page to full website).
- What do you have to say about KKR, TPG, or others that website has changed to full marketing!
MORE DEVELOPING (OR NOT)
I most likely will just stay away from an article in Forbes as my Teflon not as strong as these companies!