KEYWORDS: TA Associates, Platinum Equity, Pamlico Capital, ForgePoint Capital, Align Capital Partners, Grove Ventures, Praetura Ventures, Thompson Street Capital Partners, Platinum Equity, Gainline Capital Partners
- Pamlico Capital, a Charlotte, NC-based lower middle-market private equity firm focused on growth-oriented businesses, closed a new fund, at $1.4 billion
- ForgePoint Capital, a San Mateo, CA-based venture capital firm focused on cybersecurity, closed its second fund, at $450m
- Align Capital Partners, a Dallas, TX and Cleveland, OH-based private equity firm, closed its second private equity investment fund, at $450m
- Grove Ventures, a Tel Aviv, Israel-based early-stage deep tech-focused venture capital firm, closed Grove Ventures II, at $120m
- A/O PropTech, a London, UK-based venture capital and private equity firm focused on proptech, has launched with €250m
- Praetura Ventures, a Manchester, UK-based investor that backs early-stage businesses in high-value sectors, closed its second EIS fund, at £7m
- OTHER FUNDS: Atomico, Da Vinci Capital Technology Fund III, Equal Ventures Fund I, Marcy Venture Partners Fund, and others upon request to our editor’s team at JD@investornetworkbyJD.com
OTHER DEALS CLOSED
- Platinum Equity acquired Biscuit International, a Paris-based manufacturer of private label sweet biscuits. Financial terms weren’t disclosed. (See press lease below)
- Thompson Street Capital Partners will acquire Len the Plumber, a Boothwyn, Penn.-based full-service residential plumbing contractor.
- EQT Partners and OMERS agreed to acquire Deutsche Glasfaser, a German broadband provider, from KKR. Financial terms weren’t disclosed.
- Boxwood Merger Corp. (Nasdaq: BWMC), a publicly-traded special purpose acquisition company, acquired Atlas Intermediate Holdings, professional testing, inspection, engineering, program management and consulting services provider, from Bernhard Capital Partners for approximately $617 million.
- Flywire acquired Simplee, a Palo Alto, Calif.-based healthcare payments technology platform. Financial terms weren’t disclosed. Simplee had raised approximately $37.8 million in venture funding from investors including Social Capital and Heritage Group.
- TA Associates acquired Auction Technology Group, a London-based online platform for auctions in Europe and the United States, from ECI Partners. It also acquired Proxibid, an Omaha, Neb.-based online marketplace, from Primus Capital. The companies will be brought under the ATG umbrella. Financial terms weren’t disclosed
- IQ-EQ acquired Blue River Partners, a Dallas, Texas-based provider of outsourced solutions to alternative asset managers. Financial terms weren’t disclosed.