Venture Capital funds are still raising small funds vs. the mega funds (i.e Billion dollar Softbank Vision Fund)! Our Senior Executive Advisors have their own small funds (really just family office money of theirs) as well as investing in a few ( We had 125% return on a Draper fund in 45 days during the internet bubble.
DISCLAIMER: This information is provided by AP, Bloomberg, Forbes, Fortune, preqin, Reuters, TechCrunch, VentureBeat, Wall Street Journal (WSJ), and other 3rd party sources. Please check with the company website as this a beta blog.
INVESTOR NETWORK (IN) PIPELINE 09-14-2018 VENTURE CAPITAL FUNDS
- Seven Peaks Ventures, a Bend, Oregon-based early-stage venture capital firm, closed its second fund, at $28m
- Raise Ventures, a Paris, France-based venture capital firm, held the first close of its first fund, at €60m
- Golden Gate Ventures, a Southeast Asian venture capital firm, raised its 3rd fund, at US$100M
- State Farm, a Bloomington, Illinois-based insurer of cars and homes in the U.S., has launched a $100M venture capital initiative
- Cibolo Energy Management, LLC, a Houston, TX-based energy focused, private equity firm providing growth-oriented credit solutions to middle market upstream and midstream companies, closed Cibolo Energy Partners I, L.P., at $245m
- Ribbit Capital to raise $420M fifth fintech fund
PRESS RELEASE FROM STATE FARM ON THIER NEW FUND
State Farm, a Bloomington, Illinois-based insurer of cars and homes in the U.S., has launched a $100M venture capital initiative.
Newly formed State Farm Ventures will focus on investing in startups developing technologies and products in order to fulfill customer needs in innovative ways. Led by Michael Remmes, Innovation Executive, the arm will focus on several key areas, with the goal of providing new and innovative products and solutions to customers.
State Farm and its affiliates provide auto and home insurance in the United States. Via nearly 19,000 agents and approximately 65,000 employees, the companies serve approximately 83 million policies and accounts – approximately 81 million auto, fire, life, health and commercial policies and approximately 2 million bank accounts.
You must be logged in to post a comment.